Tuesday, March 10, 2015


Preventing Teacher Burnout: Focusing Part 2


As I was going through my Scoopit! I found this article that I read a few weeks ago that made me remember my previous blog, Preventing Teacher Burnout: Focusing. I found it interesting that we all, including teachers tend to lose focus do to everything that is around us. As I looked through this specific article I noticed the image below. The image below, insinuates that one should choose to focus, focus on doing things in a well done matter, and lastly to choose fewer initiatives. One thing that I would like to highlight is that many times teachers and other (including me) want to improve and strive to come up with new methods, ideas, and ways. However, could it be that we might get caught up in trying many new things at one time ? Might this be minimizing the level of quality of established methods? I concluded that it may be that we should focus on a few initiatives instead of many at one time because this might lead to disproportional learning due to the lack of attention and work put into method. Teacher focusing on a few innovations at a time result in helping students perform better and achieve better learning retention.  


No comments:

Post a Comment